At September’s School Board meeting, Washington Union Criminology student Addy Lopez was surprised to receive a gift from local community member, Ben Franzich. Franzich’s family has played a special role in the schools’ history as Franzich’s grandfather donated the land where the high school currently sits today. After a presentation from students, Franzich felt inspired by the commitment and dedication of WUHS Criminology student, Addy Lopez. Franzich felt compelled to present Lopez with a USA pin and words of encouragement to pursue her dreams. The impromptu exchange brought Lopez to tears. Witnessed by those present at the board meeting, Franzich’s kind gesture serves as a reminder of the powerful role that our community members play in the lives of our students.
- LCAP – Opportunity for Public Comments
- Easton High Basketball Teams Compete in First Exhibition Against Kings Canyon
- Join Us at West Fresno Elementary School for “Our Community Cares Day”
- American Union Dance Force Ballroom Dancing Team Competes High Desert Dance Classic
- Fresno Washington FFA Partners with Fresno Grizzlies for Fundraiser