At September’s School Board meeting, Washington Union Criminology student Addy Lopez was surprised to receive a gift from local community member, Ben Franzich. Franzich’s family has played a special role in the schools’ history as Franzich’s grandfather donated the land where the high school currently sits today. After a presentation from students, Franzich felt inspired by the commitment and dedication of WUHS Criminology student, Addy Lopez. Franzich felt compelled to present Lopez with a USA pin and words of encouragement to pursue her dreams. The impromptu exchange brought Lopez to tears. Witnessed by those present at the board meeting, Franzich’s kind gesture serves as a reminder of the powerful role that our community members play in the lives of our students.
- Washington Unified Schools Host Annual Winter Programs for Families and Community Members
- American Union and West Fresno Elementary Schools Partner with Fresno State to Train Peer Mediators
- Washington Union High School Girls Volleyball Team Makes School History With State Title Win
- WUHS Girls Volleyball Win Northern Regional D-5 Championship
- WUHS Girls Volleyball Advance to Northern Regional State Finals