The winners of the Footsteps2Brilliance Summer Reading Challenge were honored this month. Ashley Flores, Kimberly Valenzuela, and Eariel Xiong of West Fresno Elementary School won a brand new Kindle Fire for their reading efforts on the Footsteps2Brilliance Reading App over the summer. The summer contest was part of Washington Unified’s on-going reading initiative, Read2Succeed. With the goal of 100% of students reading on grade level by the end of the third grade, Read2Succeed continues to utilize engaging programs like Footsteps2Brilliance to support families and students. Footsteps2Brilliance is an early learning application provided for free to all families in Washington Unified. Using the Footsteps2Brilliance App, families have access to books, learning activities, and games from any device. The application can be used in both English and Spanish, making it possible for more families to learn together. You can access the free App on our website at www.washingtonunified.org.
- Parents Encouraged to Use Free Tool to Track Valley Air Quality
- American Union Elementary School Welcomes New Principal
- Board Passes Resolution Encouraging Community to Participate in 2020 Census
- First WACP Graduating Class Members Earn Both College Degree and High School Diploma
- How to Prepare Your Child for School Success