The winners of the Footsteps2Brilliance Summer Reading Challenge were honored this month. Ashley Flores, Kimberly Valenzuela, and Eariel Xiong of West Fresno Elementary School won a brand new Kindle Fire for their reading efforts on the Footsteps2Brilliance Reading App over the summer. The summer contest was part of Washington Unified’s on-going reading initiative, Read2Succeed. With the goal of 100% of students reading on grade level by the end of the third grade, Read2Succeed continues to utilize engaging programs like Footsteps2Brilliance to support families and students. Footsteps2Brilliance is an early learning application provided for free to all families in Washington Unified. Using the Footsteps2Brilliance App, families have access to books, learning activities, and games from any device. The application can be used in both English and Spanish, making it possible for more families to learn together. You can access the free App on our website at www.washingtonunified.org.
- Fresno-Washington FFA Dinner Fundraiser Tickets on Sale
- LCAP Parent Survey Now Available
- You’re Invited! LCAP Community Meetings Scheduled for the Spring
- Washington Unified Schools Host Annual Winter Programs for Families and Community Members
- American Union and West Fresno Elementary Schools Partner with Fresno State to Train Peer Mediators