Good Afternoon Washington Unified,
Today, Fresno County reached an adjusted case rate of 8.4, meeting red tier criteria for the 3rd consecutive week. The other two tier assessment measures met orange tier criteria for the second straight week. As a result, we are pleased to announce that we will be able to further re-open school campuses beginning on April 19th.
Your school site principal will be communicating specific details about your site’s reopening plan, including start and release times. Here are some basics:
- Beginning April 19th, students in cohorts A and B will return to campus 5 days a week. Monday schedules will remain modified for early release.
- A distance learning option will still be available for families.
- Health and safety procedures will be in place, including wearing face-coverings, temperature checks upon arrival, and social distancing.
- All students will continue to have access to free breakfast and lunch.
- Those students who choose to return to campus for instruction will need to bring their fully charged district laptop and charger each day.
- Bus transportation will be available for those students who qualify.
All school site Principals will be sending out the new schedule, along with specific details for their school site, including start and release times. Please contact your school site with any questions.
Randy R. Morris
American Union Elementary School
Phone: (559) 495-5650
West Fresno Elementary School
Phone: (559) 495-5615
West Fresno Middle School
Phone: (559) 495-5607
Washington Union High School
Phone: (559) 495-5680
Alternative Education Schools
Phone: (559) 495-5690