The Washington Unified Special Education Team will:
- Ensure that all students have access to the WUSD educational experience.
- Ensure that all students have an equal opportunity to learn.
- Ensure that Special Education Services and documentation are legally compliant.
- Work with site staff to identify and support students with special needs.
- Foster a collaborative partnership with site administrators and general education educators to meet each child’s needs.
- Attend regular professional development to ensure use of best practices and legal compliance.
- Facilitate parent participation and involvement in their child’s education.
- Communicate clearly and in a timely manner with all stakeholders.