Director of Educational Support Services
District Service Specialist
Educational Support Services
The Washington Unified Special Education Team will:
- Ensure that all students have access to the WUSD educational experience.
- Ensure that all students have an equal opportunity to learn.
- Ensure that Special Education Services and documentation are legally compliant.
- Work with site staff to identify and support students with special needs.
- Foster a collaborative partnership with site administrators and general education educators to meet each child’s needs.
- Attend regular professional development to ensure use of best practices and legal compliance.
- Facilitate parent participation and involvement in their child’s education.
- Communicate clearly and in a timely manner with all stakeholders.
Help Me Grow
Help Me Grow helps children reach their optimal development by kindergarten. Help Me Grow streamlines existing services in ways that makes them easier for families to use. The goal is to identify more children with developmental concerns and link families to helpful services as early as possible in a child’s life. Help Me Grow systems include a centralized intake and referral, community outreach to promote early intervention systems, targeted outreach to child care and child health providers, and the collection and analysis of data to improve the system.
Help Me Grow Fresno County can answer your questions about your child’s development from birth to age five. Services are free and confidential.